I am in my last semester at Mason and really cannot wait to graduate! I feel like I have been here forever...well, let's face it, I have! So, here I am a senior at Mason, ready to graduate, and 8 months pregnant :) Here are the things I have noticed about being a preggers college girl:
- I know where every bathroom on campus is. Even the buildings I have never had class in, I can tell you the exact location of every ladies room.
- People stare. I usually get the long stares at my belly, but lately I get the "look at my face stare, look at my belly stare, then back at my face stare." Usually, most of the stares come from other girls, but I get the occasional frat boy that looks at my belly with a little fear in his eye...like he could catch being pregnant or something haha.
- For the most part, my professors have been very nice and accommadating. I'm pretty lucky because Mason is one of the most diverse colleges in the country and they really pride themselves on being welcoming of different types of people. I like to think I am a part of the "pregnant culture" population on campus :)
- I'm not exactly sure how I am going to fit in my desk in a few weeks. Right now, I still fit but I have a sneaky suspicion that my belly is going to extend beyond the space the desk allows...maybe I'll sit sideways. Hopefully, I won't make the person sitting next to me feel too creeped out that I am directly facing them.
- I really really really miss Starbucks coffee. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I kicked my coffee habit to the curb. It really wasn't that bad and I did sometimes wish I could have a precious vanilla latte, but lately I have been very jealous of people enjoying coffee. I think seeing other students have their frappucinos, lattes, and mochas perched on the corner of their desk, casually taking delicious sips during class has been the reason why I have been craving it so much. AND because it is now fall and Starbucks has those fabulous spiced pumpkin lattes that are soooo irresistible :) Oh well, I just have to stick it out for a few more months. I can do it!!
- The Swine Flu (aka H1N1 virus) scares the hell out of me...especially being around college students for most of the day at such a large campus. I cringe when I hear other students in class saying, "oh yeah, my roomate has it." I literally get up and move my seat because I am so paranoid about catching it.
I have an OB appointment tomorrow morning and I'm not quite sure what they will be doing at this appointment but I'll let you know how that goes!! Hope everyone has a great week :) Kammy, I can't wait to hold you and love you and smell you and kiss you!!! Soo soon :)