Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update: Coming Up on 37 Weeks Pregnant

wow...i have been such a slacker!! So much has been going on these past few weeks that I can barely keep up with myself...haha. I would love for either one of two things to happen: either a few more hours be added to the day or an extra day added to the weekend. I wish! Like I have been saying my entire pregnancy, these weeks are flying by wayyy too fast. But I have been able to get things accomplished, which is good. With the help of the childbirth class I was able to formulate my birthplan. Birthplan = Please for the love of God do not show me or my husband the placenta after the birth of our daughter or any other time. That thing is bound to make me hurl all over if I lay eyes on it and I'm pretty sure I can say the same for Jeff. So that's it...that's the birthplan :) During our childbirth class we watched several videos and after this lady delivered her baby, the nurses brought over the placenta in this silver tin basin for the lady to look at. Even as I type that I feel like gagging. EW. No placenta viewing for me. No chance.

On to more pleasant things...I am going to be a mother in as many as three weeks! I am so excited for baby Kamryn to be here...I feel happy, terrified, hopeful, anxious, and a million other emotions all at the same time...quite the mixed bag :) I am most looking forward to finally holding my baby girl and looking at her sweet face...I cannot believe she will be here soon, I can't wait!!

Jeff and I are so lucky...we are supported by our families and friends, who have been absolutely wonderful to us. In my last blog, I talked about my baby shower my mom gave us. We actually had ANOTHER baby shower this past Sunday given by our friends Steph and Molly!! Like I said- we are sooo lucky :) The baby shower given by Steph and Molly (HUGE thank you to you girls!!) was co-ed and it was so much fun- I laughed so hard and don't think I stopped smiling once! We really do have great friends...we had friends who we hadn't seen in a while because they moved to Maryland come to celebrate with us as well as friends we see all the time come celebrate, too! Steph and Molly had all of this delicious food and hilarious games planned. It was AWESOME!! The best was the boys having to chug beer out of a baby bottle...so funny!! We received so many generous gifts for Kamryn and I really can't say thank you enough. It was so sweet of our friends to be there for us...and we are sooo grateful!!!

With all of this great stuff happening for us, we could not be more happy or excited!! Howwwwever...I'm going to go on a little rant for one second. I am a planet...or a hippo...whale...giant blob...whatever gigantic object you can think of. I feel so huge and uncomfortable and I can't wait to take my fat suit off. I don't even recognize myself! It's really hard to sleep and I dread night time because not only does my mobility go right out the window, my feet get so huge that they look like two platypuses attached to my legs, and no matter what way I sit/lay/stand, my back hurts :( Yeah, I'm really cute these days. Not. Ok, rant is over...I just can't wait to get in some sort of shape again!!

I have an OB appointment tomorrow so we will see how little Kammy is doing in there and maybe get some info. on when she wants to make her debut into the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment