Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

29 Weeks Pregnant: Helllllo heartburn!

As things progress in my pregnancy, I have really noticed some changes in the past few weeks. The biggest change I would say has been the slow decline of my mobility. Those days of hopping in and out of the car are long gone as I carefully lift each leg to shift my weight in order to get into the car which then I find myself exhaling with a big “whew!” when I finally get settled. The other thing I noticed is that walking around campus I thought everyone around me was walking especially fast. I assumed people we just either late to class or just anxious to get there. Then I saw my reflection in the windows of the library and I had to do a double take. Not only were my fellow students not walking abnormally fast, but my pregnant body was moving at the pace of a snail. Jeff always would tease me and say that he could tell I was from up north because I walked fast like I was walking through the busy streets of New York City and his Southern self couldn’t keep up. These days I walk slow and steady and it’s not because I’ve been in the South too long.

Heartburn has found me and has attached itself to my chest. I have added numerous containers of TUMS to my purse, book bag, car, and various other places around the house. They are the only thing that keeps me from breathing fire on anyone I talk to. Heartburn seems to especially love my company at night when I am lying in bed trying to fall asleep. Without eating a few TUMS before I go to bed, I have a horrible burning that resonates in the bottom of my throat and along my breastbone. TUMS: I love you and thank you for allowing me to get some sleep.

This weekend I had a prenatal massage that was a gift from my girlfriends from Red Hot and can I just say it made me feel like a brand new woman. After being sick all week and having really bad back pain, this was just what I needed. The masseuse was this sweet old French man with the best accent I've ever heard. Listening to his voice made me think for a second that I was in the South of France again, getting a massage on the beach. It was wonderful :)

Tonight I am going to finish up my baby registry at Buy Buy Baby for Kamryn. That store is amazing! There is so much baby stuff it's almost overwhelming...but I love it all the same. I can't wait to set up her nursery. I want it to be organized and beautiful just for her. I'll probably post pictures of it when it's finished so you all can see.

This Sunday is our hospital tour. We get to see where exactly I'll be delivering Kamryn. I'm not quite sure what to expect but I hope to reserve a private room for when the time comes for Kammy to arrive!! I think that is my main goal. Usually, I don't mind being around strangers...in fact I'd rather be with people than by myself but I think for this particular event, I am going to require a private room. I think it will be much easier for me and Jeff to welcome our new baby girl this way. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment