Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

28 weeks pregnant


Hey everyone! I am 28 weeks pregnant with our first baby--a precious baby girl that my husband Jeff and I are going to name Kamryn. So far, I have had quite an easy pregnancy and I feel so lucky to have been blessed with such an easy time. I really hope it continues this way! I have just began my third trimester and thought it might be too late to start a blog but I figured better late than never :)

Like I said, its been a very easy pregnancy so far although yesterday was rough for me. I was scheduled to have the one hour glucose test at my OB's office and I woke up that morning feeling a little off. I thought it was just me being tired and run down so I figured I would just suck it up and try to get on with the day. I got to the doctor's office and began the test which requires you to drink this really sugary drink within 5 minutes. The drink was honestly not that bad, I think I was expecting something much more syrupy-sweet but it tasted like orange soda. I was just about to finish the drink when all of the sudden I felt really sick and had to run to the bathroom. This is really gross but I threw up the drink and wasn't able to complete the test. I ended up having to reschedule the test for next week and I am praying that I don't get sick again. At first, I thought it was just a reaction to the drink that made me sick but the second I got home from the doctor's office I was one sick girl. It was obvious I had some sort of stomach bug because for the rest of the day and into the night, I barely left the bathroom. It was horrible. I was really worried about getting dehydrated because dehydration can cause a pregnant woman to go into labor so I was trying really hard to keep myself hydrated. I was also freaking out about Kamryn not getting any nutrients or food because I was unable to eat or keep anything down.

As the night went on, my temperature would creep up a little but never went over 100 degrees and I was having the most intense back pain I have ever had in my life. I was really trying to keep calm but it was so scary because I read how intense lower back pain can often be confused for labor pain and being dehydrated and all-- I was really panicked. Somehow I was able to fall asleep with the help of my husband putting cool towels all over my body to get my fever down and when I woke up a few hours later, the back pain went away. Thank god!

The next morning I was feeling so much better...no more stomach issues just body aches and feeling weak. I took the rest of the day to just relax and rest. I felt Kamryn kicking throughout the day, which I was relieved because I was so worried for my baby girl. Hopefully, by tomorrow I will feel back to normal. On Friday I will be 29 weeks pregnant! I can't believe how fast the time has gone...its pretty amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment